Employment at TantoneEMPLOYEE POSITIONS
A sheltered workshop is a workplace that provides a supportive environment where physically or mentally challenged persons can acquire job skills and vocational experience. Tantone currently employs 49 adults with developmental disabilities or mental illness and 12 staff members to train and supervise employees.
If you are interested in applying for the program, please download an application and email to email@example.com or return to Tantone (click here for a map.) You may also visit Tantone to fill out an application.
EMP-10-Employee-Application (click to download PDF)STAFF POSITIONS
PLEASE NOTE: All applicants must pass a background check and drug screening.
• Oversight and supervision of production of facility products and services through organization of workshop’s employees and resources to meet market demand and customer needs.
• Represents workshop through membership in community organizations and attendance of community events.
• Leading team and developing strategies to assist production and supervisory personnel and the workshop as a whole to continually strive for efficiency and cost effectiveness in operation.
• Organize and facilitate team meetings, providing pertinent information to administrative, production and supervisory personnel to ensure that all agency, Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, OSHA, Department of Labor and other regulatory agencies’ requirements, regulations and guidelines are followed.
• Review, investigate, and report all instances of suspected abuse and/or neglect of employees to appropriate authorities.
• Annually review with facility personnel all policies and procedure, OSHA, DESE and DOL guidelines to ensure that requirements, regulations and guidelines are followed and all information is accurate and consistent.
• Provides back-up to the Production Manager and Floor Supervisors.
• Review, assess and follow all work completed by facility employees, communicating observations and evaluations to the Executive Director.
• Communicate and maintain relations with the Sheltered Workshop Section of the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
• Provide Counseling and intervention to employees as necessary, communicating facts of situation with families/guardians and/or residential facilities of the employees.
• Conduct group and individual training sessions with facility personnel and employees to ensure that all training material is effectively communicated.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary range $35,000- $50,000 annually (based on experience}
Benefit package includes: Company paid Medical, Dental, 403(b} Retirement Plan, Short term and long term disability Life Insurance, 7 paid holidays, Paid time off.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Bachelor’s Degree in social science, business management or a related area is preferred
• Minimum of two years’ experience in business management, manufacturing or a related field.
• Management experience with proven skills in sales, marketing, fund raising, public speaking, financial management, and knowledge of OSHA and DOL rules and regulations.
• Have had past experience working with persons with disabilities and a working knowledge of social service organization in the community.
• Have access to an insured and properly maintained vehicle for work related travel. Must have a valid Missouri driver’s license (Class E to be obtained upon hire} and auto liability insurance.
• Light to moderate lifting required, extensive sitting, some travel required.
Developmental Connections considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-Job-related medical condition or disability or any other legally protected status.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals preform essential Job duties and responsibilities, and working conditions outlined above; however, the qualifications must be met in order to ensure the safety and well-being of the individuals served.
Developmental Connections requires various background, records and drug checks/test upon contingent offer of employment.
To apply, send resume to Heather Lynch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for our e-Newsletter
- Goodbye Winter, Hello Spring! February 13, 2018
- Tantone is Shredding into Summer for Our Customers June 27, 2016
- Tantone Dedicates Memorial Garden to Honor Falecia Pfister May 22, 2016
- Spring Cleaning Quick Tips March 24, 2016
There are no upcoming events at this time.